Friday, May 18, 2012

How to Hang a Frame



I got a new frame for 50% off and framed a print my master's professor gave me.  It is really quite a funny print.  Since it had two hooks on the back I decided to try something I saw on Pinterest (btw be sure to stop by and follow me on Pinterest HERE because I'm there too and have lots of fun original pins).

The concept is simple.  Use a strip of painter's tape to measure the difference between the two hooks, then attach to the wall.


I measured the hooks with tape.


Attach the tape to the wall where you want the frame.


Nail in the hook latches.  (It was at this point that I made a slight mistake, if you look closely you will see the the hooks are not even, making my frame slightly slanted.  I didn't catch it at the time and will have to go back and fix it another day.)

Hang your frame.


FYI the print says "Is your washroom breeding Bolsheviks?"  It is an advertisement for "Tissue towels."  I crack up every time I see it.

2 comments:

  1. So clever! One of those things which I said, why didn't I think of that! Thanks for sharing this tip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a funny advertisement. For a while I was collecting old plackards and as long as my homecountry Hungary has been possessed by the Soviets for a long time, I had lot of anti-capitalist cards as well:))
    I like your blog! Wish you a great day,
    Hanni

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile and leave a comment!

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)