Thursday, March 15, 2012

Unemployment


I'm unemployed, and I struggle with it.  I like to be honest with you, my readers, and that is the honest truth.  It is why I have not been crafting or decorating and it is why I have trouble getting out of bed in the morning.  I keep sending out resumes and I keep getting silence in return.  It is very disheartening.

A couple of days ago I put this picture on my Facebook:


It is a reminder to myself that as hard as I try something will come out of it. That is what I hope, and that is what I am trying to remember as every day I come home to see "no messages" on my answering machine.

So I know I have been very quiet on the blog front.  In truth, it is just very hard for me to be excited about blogging when things in life are not going so well.

I'm off to see my new nephew, and when I get back maybe I will be fortified to blog more and craft more.  We will just have to see.

If you feel like it, let me know how you are doing.  I love to hear how you handle rejection and disappointment (and if you have any advice I will take it).

5 comments:

  1. Actually, the way I handle it is by blogging. I get so caught up in it, I forget about the bad stuff. I'm on a super tight budget and just found out my roof needs replacing so I can't spend a lot of money on my projects. It's just the way it is. ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your bad time and I understand your funkiness! It's only human. I hope something wonderful will happen soon. I have lived my live believing that everything happens for a reason. I believe that when one door closes another one opens. I know it sounds crazy, but it's usually true. Sometimes, we have to go outside our comfort zone. What about your crafting and blogging could you make into a career?? or at least make a little income. Etsy? Stuff like that until that new jobs comes along. Good luck, I'll keep you in my thoughts and I wish you the best of luck. Keep your chin up, enjoy that new nephew and please don't be so sad. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many are struggling right now, and it stinks! I found your blog, and want to share you with others so I am tagging you...it's free, and fun.
    http://www.bleak2unique.com/2012/03/triple-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I´m about twice your age and looking back at my career years I kind of regret not having enjoyed the times in between the different jobs I had.
    Enjoy the free time you have now or you might regret it too.
    You had the time to make a lovely home and you´re still at it.
    Sending you love,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear about this. I was unemployed for a while during the economic downturn. I was not fun, so I totally understand. Spending time with my hubby and friends jhelped, so you going to spend time with your family is great! I also agree with the person that commented that you should enjoy the time! Who knows what the future holds...

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile and leave a comment!

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)