Saturday, December 31, 2011

Top Ten DIY Projects of the Year


To ring in the new year I want to re-cap my all time favorite Top Ten DIY projects of the year.  It has almost been one year since I started this blog so to celebrate I want to show off (one more time) my favorite projects so far.

In no order at all I will list them for you (with links of course).

Number 1: Poinsettia Pillow

A lot of people love this project and they went over well as Christmas gifts I must say.  I have the full direction on how to make them here so be sure to head over and see what to do to make your own for next year (you can never be too early).

Number 2: Gift Card Wallets

These were also great gifts this year.  I loved making these and although they were a lot of work the reward was great.  I gave them to three different women and they all loved them.  What a perfect thing for your purse when you get a lot of gift cards.

Number 3: I-Pad Cover

I really enjoyed making these.  They did not sell at the craft fair but the two family members who have iPads loved them.  I think they may sell online if I ever get a shop together.  Go here to get directions on how to make them.

Number 4: Lavender Laundry Soap

This post was very popular when I first started.  People really loved the recipe (which I got from another blog and is linked to on the post) but overall it was just a beautiful powdered soap I made. The jar has since fallen off my washer and shattered (...shattered...)  so I'm back to liquid soap but it was a good idea while it lasted.

Number 5: Thanksgiving Centerpiece

I love that I used produce to make the centerpiece for my thanksgiving dinner.  Everyone loved it and it was totally inspired by Pinterest.

Number 6: Updated Curtains

 I was tired of my plain white curtains so I added a piece of fabric on the bottom, I think this really updated the whole look of the window treatments in the dining room.  I love this project.  So easy but so effective.

Number 7: Reupholstered Chair

I'm so proud of my reupholstered job on this chair.  It was my first try and I did it well.  I'm still amazed every time I go into the guest room.

Number 8: Blue Dresser

It took me three tries to get just the right blue for  this dresser, but boy do I love how it came out.  I think the touches of gold are just right.  I have a new dresser I want to paint (maybe next spring).

Number 9: Hand-painted Shower Curtain 

I used a great stencil and fixed up a store bought shower curtain on the cheap.  I still love it almost a year later.  Way to go (if I do say so myself, lol).

Number 10: DIY Bulletin Board

This was the first really successful project I made.  I still have it, I still love it and I still think it is great.  I may make more, who knows.

So there you have it, my top ten all time favorite DIY projects of 2011.  Here's hoping I have some good ones for next year as well.  If I have Pinterest to inspire me it should be a good year.

What about your craft projects dreams any great ambitious ideas or just a bunch of little things you hope to achieve?  I would love to know what you plan for 2012.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely adore your blog. I love the gift card holder wallets! I've added it to my list of things to make! And one of my resolutions this year is to actually follow through with things I've pinned on pinterest so consider the wallet pinned. I'm excited to catch up on older posts!

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile and leave a comment!

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)