Saturday, December 17, 2011

My Dream Kitchen


I have a board on Pinterest that is titled My Dream Kitchen and it has all the dreams I hold for a perfect kitchen.

Out of all 54 pins most of them show beautiful white cabinets and marble counters.  I have a deep obsession with white cabinets and marble counter tops.  Although I'm not always faithful to the marble.  Sometimes I think about wood counters or even stainless steal.  But out of everything the white stays.

My kitchen right now had 1980s leftover cabinets in light pine.  I'm not happy with them.

This is what I want (or one image anyway).

{source}
I love how the cabinets go all the way to the ceiling and have glass.  I also love the ladder but my kitchen is too small.

{source}
This kitchen also has the glass doors on the upper cabinets, cabinets to the ceiling and MARBLE counter tops.  Not crazy about the horse above the stove though (who would do that to such a nice kitchen?).

{source}
This is the perfect image of the kind of sink I want.   A big country kitchen bib sink (I think that is what they are called) which is mounted under the marble counters.  This image just takes my breath away.


{source}
I also love this kitchen sink.  I love that this one has the large piece that comes up in the back.  I'm always splashing water up there and this would save a lot of my water from damaging the back splash 

{source}
I also love open shelving.  I'm thinking of taking off the doors on a couple of my shelves to give them a more open feel on the cheap.  Then I could paint the inside of the shelves a different color.  I love the pops of blue here, but you could really use any color and it would look good with the white.

{source}
This kitchen has darker counters and a contrasting island.  That may work.  Remember this is my dream kitchen I can change my mind (lol).

Just to further complicated the counter top issue.  I have a bunch of pins for wood counters.  I have a lot of wood in my house (the molding and stairs to name a few) so I thought wood counters would (ha) tie in the rest of the house.

{source}
 I love a lot about this kitchen.  The skirt under the sink is cute as well as the chalk board in the back.  I think this kitchen has a lot of charm and is less "magazine polished" than the others.

{source}
This final image is different in that it is an image of a kitchen that was hand painted and comes from a blog not a magazine.  I love the wood counters here.  It seems to warm up the kitchen.  We can't afford any of this right now, but if I had my way I might just go for the wood counters it is more warm and homey and way less expensive.  Just don't ever cut on your counters it will mess them up!  

What is on your list for a dream kitchen?




  The DIY Show Off



5 comments:

  1. Love these kitchens, so nice to catch up my friend. Sending you special wishes for a very Merry Christmas Day and look forward to keeping in touch in 2012.

    Always Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on the white kitchen - mine is all white, the tops too.
    For this (probably) last kitchen in my life - and I´ve had quite a few - I decided on all white.
    When it´s clean you can see that it´s clean and when it´s not, well you see where to clean.

    There´s always so much interesting stuff standing around in my kitchen that it never seems TOO white.
    My cabinet doors are plain, no "frills" that are pretty but also hard to clean.
    I also have a white sink that can be cleaned with Clorox-type cleaner when it has stains.

    I no longer like stainless steel.
    I once had a counter, sink and stove all in one piece that was custom made to fit my kitchen, but now I don´t like the "grey" look of stainless steel any longer.

    If I were you I WOULD take out some of the cabinet doors and paint the shelves white.

    As long as you can´t afford an all new kitchen maybe you ought to just paint the cabinets white to have a "new look".

    I wish you a very happy Christmas and send you lots of wishes for the New Year 2012,

    Barbara
    and if you like - add me on SKYPE...

    ReplyDelete
  3. it highly amuses me that your kitchen pinterest is dream kitchen, while i call mine "kitchen as is" meaning, working with the dark wood cabinets b/c we aren't painting them, lol. i wish there was more inspiration for me out there, but like you, everybody is loving them white. i like the one with the open shelving, and i also like some glass inserts, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so very much for linking this great post up to my weekly pinterest party! I love your dream kitchens especially the one with the country sink. That was priority number 1 for me when we did up our kitchen and I love our sink so much!

    Best wishes and happy pinning!
    Natasha @ 5 Minutes Just for Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, what did you do to those 1980s leftover cabinets? You can redesign them and use those inspirations that you shared. Having a light-colored kitchen would tempt homeowners to clean it all the time, and that's a good thing, right?

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile and leave a comment!

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)