Saturday, September 3, 2011

Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta

Just before the storm I made this little treat for myself.  It was so good I had it for dinner and lunch the next day.


When you have fresh tomatoes and good ingredients you don't need much else.  I took fresh heirloom red and yellow tomatoes chopped them up.



I added to that some fresh scallions for a nice subtle onion flavor (I also added about a quarter of a regular yellow onion for good measure)


Mixed the onions and tomatoes with somem olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.  Let it sit for 15 minutes to meld the flavors.

While the tomato mixture is marinating I made some garlic toast.  I literally put three cloves of garlic on three pieces of white peasant bread (sourdough) and put them in the toaster.  (this was my dinner remember so I had to have enough for a night out listening to the blues)


I sprayed the toast with some olive oil.  When they came out of the toaster the gralic was slightly roasted.  I then mashed it around (yes that is the technical term) and spread my tomatoe mixture on top.  Yum!


Farmer's market Bruschetta.  So good I had to have it twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me smile and leave a comment!

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)