Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Irene Messing with my Plans


Irene has messed with all my great blogging plans.  Not only has the storm messed up my internet, phone, and electricity but I can't blog either (or do many crafts).

Here's what the road down from my house looks like:

{source}
This is actually a picture of a  road in Vermont, but our road looks about the same.  We have three electric poles down.  I don't think we will be getting power for another week.

Jeff and I are fine, besides the lack of power, phone, and internet our house and life has been unaffected. The house was far enough from the river that flooded that we are fine.  We didn't even get much water in the basement.  But I must say: it was such a treat to actually shower after four days.  We may be off the the in-laws to get some power and internet (I can't live without you guys and my blogs I read, and Jeff can't work without the internet himself).

I hope if I'm online this week I will be hosting a giveaway.  I have some great software for digital scrap-booking that I can't wait to give away, but first you have to see what I did.

So be sure to stop by latter this week for my giveaway and tell your other readers too.  I hope to make lots of new friends.

3 comments:

  1. Wow girl that's nasty! I can imagine what a shower would feel like after 4 days. And what you smelled like prior to said shower lol. Glad you all are hanging in there. We'll all be here when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you are okay. I was wondering about you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad you guys are okay! get to the inlaws! we miss you too. xx

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile and leave a comment!

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)