Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Look What I Found!!!

I'm so excited.  I saw this little baby on the side of the road.  She was sad, she was lopsided and she was FREE!!!

Unfortunately, my little Mini Cooper could not fit the large girth of my new lady friend, so I had to hope she would wait for my hubby, and she did.

We picked her up and brought her home.  Now my new little friend needs a good facelift and she will be ready for the world my guestroom.

Here she is in all her glory!

She has good lines, and a strong frame.  She is made of wood covered in some sort of veneer, so I don't even have to feel bad about painting her.  

Now two questions for you:
1) What color should she be next?
2) To keep the original hardware or not?

Can't wait to see what you suggest. 

5 comments:

  1. The hardware is charming but it will really depend on the paint. I'm not sure what color I'd do - every one I think of would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She would be So lovely painted a pale aqua color and keep and paint the hardware white...summer cool! Makes me think of the sea...you could call her Marina, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for anything other than black or white, and I would keep the original hardware - because even when we do a makeover, a little of our personality still shines through, don't you agree?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote for a nice cottage white paint and use the orginal hardware. I can't wait to see what you choose to do with it...you got talent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you lucky girl! What a find! I think I would go with a pretty aqua color with a dark stain washed over it. Then keep the original hardware and either spray paint it bright white or ORB depending on the look you're going for! Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog, I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile and leave a comment!

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)